Arya Samaj Greater Houston
Swami Dayanand Saraswati founded Arya Samaj and gave the Motto "Krinvanto Vishwam Aryam" which means "To Make the World Noble".
Arya Samaj Greater Houston founded in 1991, aligned itself with the great mission and has been serving the children, youth and adults in the Greater Houston area with the spiritual and cultural enrichment by spreading the knowledge of Vedas.
The management committee of Arya Samaj Greater Houston with the involvement of congregation endeavors to accomplish this mission through:
- Weekly Havan and Satsang which includes yajna, bhajans and discourse on an epic, religious or social topic.
- DAV Sanskriti School to inculcate Vedic values in the school age students.
- Daily Montessori school to impart Vedic values at the beginning of education.
- Arya Yuvak Mandal to engage in cultural networking, Seva and Shraddha programs.
- Adult education classes and seminars on a variety of topics including Yoga, Meditation, Scriptures and Healthy living.
- A facility including yagyashalla available for private and public programs, like weddings and other religious celebrations.
- A library with books for children and adults on world religions and cultures in Hindi, English and Sanskrit.
- Having the religious guide available for sanskars and yajna at Arya Samaj facilty, in host's home or place of business.
- Provide qualified priest to your place of worship or seminar to discuss Vedic Dharma and Hindu Philosophy.
- Summer classes and camps for children and young adults.
- Seminars and classes in outlying areas of Greater Houston.
The Adults and students Arya Samaj Greater Houston, engage in humanitarian projects.
- Jeevan Prabhat in India, through various ongoing programs.
- Supporting the victims of natural calamities like Haiti earthquake.
- Support charitable causes, like Food Bank.
- Supporting Hindus in need, like the displaced Bhutanese.
- Joining the community and national activities, with Arya Pratinidhi Sabha, Hindu Councils, Hindu Student Association alike.